- Nous sommes bien arrivés.
Un vrai petit coin de paradis.
La maison est très agréable.
La maison et l’environnement sont vraiment très agréables.
We arrived well and easily.
A real piece of paradise.
The house is very nice.
The house and the surroundings are really very pleasant.
— A.B. Bordeaux, France
- I love how you renovated the barn. It is warm and welcoming and the kitchen is amazing, as well as the terrace with its lovely view. Everything is lush and green and I think we’ll get lots of sun this week! We want to stay longer than a week, can we???
— J. Switzerland
Nous avons passé un merveilleux séjour.
Je garde précieusement votre adresse.
J’espère pouvoir revenir dans la région avec ma fille et mon mari.
We had a marvelous vacation. I am going to safeguard your address.
I hope to be able to return to the region with my daughter and husband.
— A. B. Bordeaux, France
Thank you very much for the house. We had a really pleasant stay here.
— J.M. Germany
On est effectivement tres bien ici. C’est le bonheur!
We are indeed very comfortable here. It is happiness!
Le séjour était merveilleux. La maison est magnifique et bien équipée. Leslee est super. Nous reviendrons avec plaisir.
The stay was wonderful. The house is beautiful and well equipped. Leslee is great. We will come back with pleasure.Thanks again!
— A-C. D, France
We love it!
— K.G, Cardiff Wales
How did you guess that I'm on the terrasse with glass of Cahors ?
As you said this is heaven, a Frenchman speaking, who discovers his own country…
Perfect. The time goes long and slowly like the river Dordogne. Canoeing and caving every day. Fantastic house, region, holidays.
— G.G. Marseille, France
- Just a brief line to say, wow.....thank you so very much for the rental loan of The Barn....the building, grounds and location are incredibly special and we had a wonderful time....happy evenings dining on your terrace
under the walnut tree, watching the butterflies and bees buzzing in your lavender, truly relaxing in the space and peace...the view....it was hard to leave!
The information you passed on was very useful (we enjoyed our local swimming spot, the bakeries, the nearest caves etc) and helped us get the most out of our trip, so a big thank you for that too...and Aurore was delightful!
— M and S. F., UK
- Just wanted to drop you a note as we are all settled, the house is gorgeous and we just enjoyed our first diner on the terrasse! It's fantastic!
— E and I.C., Paris, France
- Blown away by the beauty of your Barn and surrounding area.
— A.H, UK
- We had a wonderful time at your beautiful Barn in the Dordogne. We are hoping to return.
— A and S. H, UK
- We have all fallen in love with the Barn and feel very relaxed in this beautiful space, so sad tomorrow is our last day.
- We spent our first afternoon and evening here at your wonderful Barn.What an exceptional place it is! The fire is so homey. The whole place was perfectly presented. The little side lights were on; perfection in every way. You have furnished it so nicely too. We are very glad we found this place.
We so enjoyed staying in your beautiful barn! The accommodations were outstanding and we loved having our wine and cheese on your lovely terasse each evening! Aurore met us on the first night to make certain we had everything we needed. Your notes on tips of what to see and do were spot on. We particularly enjoyed the gardens and markets in the area.
You have done a truly amazing job with your restoration. We would be most happy to provide references to your future renters.
— Laura M and Cynthia H. USA
- Leslee, you've created an earthly paradise here. Everything bears your sensitive beautiful touch.
Now the sun has gone down behind the hills and sheep are bahhing and all is at peace. Thank you for this most elegant and serene refuge.
— Judith, USA
That I had been a poet, artist or musician, your home would have inspired me to leave you more than this humble note. We loved your home!
We loved the region. We will return ! Experiencing a true spring has been magnificent. All my senses have come alive
Merci for sharing your house. We have had two perfect weeks
With great appreciation and thanks.
— B,K USA
- You have exquisite taste, Leslee, perhaps summed up as 'understated elegance'.
— DF, UK.
- Leaving your place was, with a feeling of having had a rare priviledge of staying in a great private and secluded mansion in the most beautiful French countryside. The house exceeded all our expectations - even if your homepage is really good. We do wish to come back some time.
— BM, Trondheim Norway
- Wow, its lovely! Delighted to be here. Amazing views from the terrace whilst we had our first meal.
— SE, UK
- Wow, Leslee - thank you so much for all the great information! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your wealth of Dordogne knowledge with us.
— T and M, Massachusetts
- You have created a remarkable refuge from the "new world" which will stand the centuries forward.
— L and S, Hawaii
- We all thought what you have done to the barn is absolutely brilliant. Its is very nicely laid out and suited our needs perfectly. Overall we had a fantastic time.
— DH and family, Geneva Switzerland
- At 7.25 we finally arrived at your beautiful barn in The Dordogne valley. It's simply stunning ! After having carried in the groceries we had two deer ( mother and calf ) outside our kitchen window. They were so lovely, we were breathless ! Then we had some duck breast along with some superior Bordeaux. Now we're sitting in front of the open hearth, with some Italian music on the player, and agree that we are lucky to have found such a place. Thanks for sharing this place.
— B.M, Trondheim Norway
- H. and I are still enjoying your magnificent barn, feeling calm and taken by the tranquility and the serene landscape around. We just love it here, feel really privileged.
— H and B
- Thank you so much for all the very helpful info you have provided- I'm sure it will be invaluable in making our stay that extra bit special.
— S.E, UK
- We are here and loving it! You have really done a perfect renovation on this beautiful old house! And for sure I am telling my friends! We are already talking about coming back next year!
— Sam and Connie, CA
- The Barn is an atmospheric, quintessentially French rural experience! Beautiful and spacious accommodation, peaceful and relaxing. It is wonderfully equipped with all the mod cons you need, yet oozes the charm of 19th century rural life! It is a great base from which to cycle and within easy walking distance to a gorgeous local village, where all your food can be supplied. We highly recommend it!
— Nic, Veda and Zyggy- Australia
- The Dordogne was magnificent. What a treat. Your house is wonderful. The accommodations were perfect; we were very comfortable. Loved the views, the walks and especially the river. We began to find our way around very quickly and the photographic opportunities were fantastic. We loved staying at the house and just walking, etc. We cooked in three of the nights which was great fun. Your well-equipped kitchen made it easy to do all that was needed. We did visit a few of the restaurants nearby (St. Julien de Lampon, Souillac) for dinner and had wonderful lunches in Sarlat and along the Dordogne while canoeing. The canoe trip was very special; we spent four hours on the river from Grolejac to La Roque. What a delight! And, of course, we visited caves, castles and chateaus. This is a wonderful area. This was a very special trip for us and one we will always remember.
— H and S, USA
- What a wonderful trip. The house is amazing. It accomodated us beautifully. Gave us privacy as well as wonderful sharing space!
— ER and RP, USA
- Bon Soir, it is evening and we've just finished our dinner here at The Barn. What a wonderful home; this has been grand. We are enjoying ourselves immensely.This is such a beautiful spot. We love the country and all it has to offer. We've explored, done Grottes de LaCave. E and I have photographed wherever we've traveled. What superb venues!
— HLS, USA
- Leslee, your infectious love for your Barn and its surroundings came alive and glowed brightly through our wonderful week here. The barn and surroundings were even better than expected. We'll be back!
— S and J, UK
- We had a grand time at the Stone Barn. It was all we had hoped for and more. Peaceful, spacious and also rustic. Simply reading a book in the afternoon on the terrace, in the shade of the walnut tree, was a joy. We thoroughly enjoyed canoeing down the Dordogne for a day. What a great way to see the river. We also enjoyed the market in Souillac on the Friday and bread from the bakery that you had recommended in Souillac. On the last evening we had a fine eating experience at the local restaurant: La Gabarre. It is to be recommended ...but needs to be booked as was very popular and our first attempt to eat there without a reservation, was to no avail!
— Chris and Family, UK
- I've been meaning to find a minute since we got back from France to drop you a line letting you know how much we enjoyed our week in the Barn. it really is a beautiful property in such a fabulous location. It is so peaceful and made a lovely contrast with our first week in the heart of busy Sarlat. We used the Barn as a base for exploring many of the sights close to the river from Souillac to Beynac, and it was wonderful for all of us (but the kids especially) to be so close to the river for swimming and canoeing. Maybe what we enjoyed most about the Barn though was just spending time around the place relaxing and enjoying the peace and quiet. I really enjoyed sitting outside each morning reading my book while the birds tweeted, the sheep bleated, and the sun climbed higher in the sky. And we loved our evenings there too, eating outside then playing games as the sun went down. We were lucky to get a number of days when there wasn't a cloud in the sky so after dark we liked to switch off all the lights, inside and out, and gaze up at the millions of stars visible in the sky. We could see shooting stars and satellites - awesome! Thanks again for all your advice etc. Next time we visit the region (and we surely will) I would very gladly stay in the Barn again!
— Richard, Diane, Alex, & Lucy. UK.
- Thank you so much for all the info and emails, and your prompt replies at all times. I can definitely say I have never gone to a rented house anywhere in the world before so well furnished with information and helpful advice!
— Alice, UK
- The Barn is wonderfully comfortable in a beautifully peaceful location. One could easily decide to set the area's plentiful sightseeing aside to spend the day basking on the terrace. . . and to end the day with a delicious meal put together in the Barn’s well-equipped, French farm kitchen.
— Martha G, USA
- I had a great deal of trouble facing having to leave your place, but hope to return there sometime soon.
— JF, USA
- I want to say..."Just wonderful!" I sincerely look forward to booking this wonderful place for clients. This was a grand experience from the dusk & dawn bat ballet to the Green Tea Room & Judith to La Gabarre for a marvelous meal to our fresh morning croissants, to speaking French with everyone (me). And so much more!
— Carolyn, MA, USA
- The barn is perfect!.... We've had a busy time- cycling, canoeing, Rocamadour, Gourdon, Sarlat, etc, etc.
Sad to be leaving Saturday.
— Flora, Giles, Ruby and Stan, UK
- The consensus of the 4 of us who spent that exquisite week at "The Barn" is idyllic. Would we do it again? Oh, yes!
— C and friends, USA
- We had a wonderful holiday in France. La Grange was everything we had imagined from the photos and more - the location is truly special, I loved opening the kitchen doors each morning and stepping outside to drink in the view. It was such a delight to sit on the terrace or in the meadow, we found it hard to tear ourselves away from the tranquility to go sightseeing. The barn too is beautiful, we really appreciated its spaciousness, simplicity and the quality of the furnishings, it is a lovely place to live in.
The surrounding area has great charm and, as you said, there is no
shortage of things to do - during the week we walked to St Julien from
the barn, canoed for 15 kilometres from St Julien to Vitrac and swam
in the Dordogne just down the road near the railway bridge. We also
went to the markets in Fajoles and Sarlat, the gardens at Marqueyssac
and Eyrignac and spent a lovely evening exploring Rocamadour. Not to
mention eating at the charming new outdoor restaurant in St J,
excellent pizzas also in St J and regional fare in Carlux at the
restaurant run by the Halles des Paysans. We had numerous other things
on our to do list as well as reading our books, sketching and writing
but ran out of time to do them all.
— A.Richardson and Family, UK
- Just to let you know that we had a lovely time at the Barn. Fab
house. We had brilliant weather for the week as well.
Thanks for all the information you provided. We hope to return to the Barn again.
— Mary and Ian D., UK
- We are now back home after spending a very pleasant fortnight at the
Barn. You really have done it up very nicely and it is in the most
charming location. There was nothing to disturb the calm......
Aurore and Carmen were both very friendly and helpful. P. and M.
— Dean, UK
- "We were absolutely flabbergasted when we arrived. The house is fantastic!
This is truly the best house we have ever rented. You have very good
house was so clean, we did not think anyone had used it before us."
— J. Van Santen, Oregon
- Peter and I loved your home and the beautiful part of the country that
surrounds it. We had a fabulous week and hated to leave. We loved
eating outside in the evenings and watching the bats come out. We
loved the nightly visits from the deer . We had a lovely paddle on
the river and enjoyed exploring several different farmers markets.
We took some nice walks and visited five of the area gardens. The
place was clean as a whistle and we found the space very comfortable.
— Pam and Peter, Cape Cod USA
- If I find myself with spare time and money, I will happily go back to the barn later this year!
— D.L., UK
- We had a truly glorious time at your barn. The structure itself was just right for us with our friends; the hints about where to buy delicious things to eat so helpful;
the setting, the walks, the exciting surroundings. It was all just right and we all want to return someday!!
You did a huge amount to make us comfortable and we appreciate it all.
I did want you to know that we loved our stay in your barn and appreciated everything you did to make it available and comfortable for us.
— Sarah and Geoff
- Sitting outside the barn on a warm night with the sound of the
crickets, the owls and bats beats any restaurant terrace - it is heaven.
— Rachel and Greg
- We loved the barn. The design of your renovation has kept the space open, yet with discrete areas that allow people space to follow different activities. The kitchen was a pleasure to use and plenty big enough to let everyone get involved. Sitting on the West terrace toasting the sundown, then switching on the walnut tree light and starwatching will be a favourite memory. The bats leaving the roof space was a great nightly show. On a more mundane note, the powerful shower was a wonderful bonus! We came to chill out, catch up, and follow our various interests. The accommodation and the area were perfect.
Somehow we managed to be incredibly lazy (at the barn), and yet pack in memorable jaunts out. The area is beautiful simply to be in and also offers enough to satisfy many interests. Whether you like looking at interesting buildings, birdwatching, gardens, spectacular views, photography, the prehistoric caves and geology, canoeing, cycling or walking, there's no shortage of things to do. Even if all of those things leave you cold, there's always the food and drink.
Aurore was very helpful and pleasant, although we didn't need to bother her as your suggestions and instructions were very clear.
Many thanks for a very enjoyable holiday,
— Juliet, Jen and Janine.
- We had a great time at the barn, thanks very much...very relaxing in
such beautiful surroundings.
You have done a wonderful job in restoring the place so faithfully and
creating such a tranquil atmosphere.
There were days when time more or less seemed to stand still, which was
just what was needed after a fairly intensive period at work.
In fact, the most memorable part of the holiday was probably just
sitting on the patio looking over the valley.
We did some of the traditional holidaymaking things (trips to Sarlat,
Beynac, Lascaux, Milandes, etc) and enjoyed them
all very much, but the best thing was just the opportunity to slow down
for a few days -
(I am a journalist and Gini is an artist...and very covetous of the
barn's potential as a live-in studio).
Many thanks for the arrangements and the advice and for allowing us to
share your special piece of France.
— Chris and Gini, Ile of Jersey
- SEDATE, SPACIOUS, SOPHISTICATED
Tastefully restored by an American graphic designer, the kitchen
incorporates the original "mangeoires" and is a brilliant mix of antique furniture and top of
the line stainless steel appliances.
The big stone fireplace is an invitation to settle in and open the "reserve des Czars" from Chateau Eugenie in the Lot, after a day, for example, in Rocammadour,
a splendid ancient sacred site seen best in morning light, if not seen illuminated in
the early evening.
All of which is really best off season! Which is now!
- Our two evenings of stay at Leslee's Barn on the Lot/Dordogne border
were a very relaxing and calming experience. As architects we also appreciated the
aesthetic quality of the restoration she had done. Watching the sunset as we sat on the
terrace and sipped our wine with the rolling landscape around to look at, was really idyllic.
Taking walks, going into the village, trips to nearby sights were all great. We hope to return for
a longer stay with family.
— N+M B., Istanbul
- I stayed at the Barn in the Dordogne last year. On arrival, the lunch
table was laid on the terrace - local cheeses and meats, crusty, baguettes and colourful
salads - and I thought it had to be one of the prettiest spots on earth. Inside the house
things got even better, and the romance of this place has to be seen to be believed.
As you go upstairs to bed in your cosy loft room. you have a
spectacular view of the hills.The bathrooms are unique and light, but it is the living spaces
that are truly spectacular.
There is no skimping on space and, where other rooms could have been
created to sleep more people, the owner has instead kept the length and height.
The feel of the big barn in the Dordogne with its huge fireplace
remains entirely in tact. A kitchen / dining room is the ultimate farmhouse kitchen opening out
on to the terrace with its wonderful sunset views.
It is clear that this place has been renovated by a designer who
loves it. It is infused with her knowledge, respect and passion. I highly recommend it.
— R.P. Bedoin, France
- A beautifully restored stone barn in a spectacular setting in the french countryside
to spend a week or a month!
your transformation has been followed with great interest, from the rough stages
attention to detail - in the kitchen and bath, and surrounding the generous hearth.
And the view - more inspiration!
kitchen is a dream to cook in! What a great renovation. We had so much fun when
we were all chopping, sipping wine and laughing together. It was a very special
house is amazing. Large, open, full of air and light. Waking up each morning and
opening the shutters to the incredible views will stand out in my memory for a
was a very special experience. I would and will recommend it to anyone who asks.
liked the fact that there was plenty of space for privacy, yet large communal
areas for socializing. It worked really well as a rental for two couples traveling
spaces were really majestic without being overwhelming. A really wonderful renovation
with soul. Looking forward to a return.
the moment we arrived at La Grange, the artfully renovated French stone barn,
there was magic in the air. We felt a warm welcome just walking into the house.
Taking in the expansive view and scents of the oudtoors. I felt my painter's eye